Friday 17 August 2012

bellabox august 2012





This month's theme was GO GREEN.

1.  LUK BEAUTIFOOD LIP NOURISH - 3g full size, RRP $24.95 - This is a new product that hasn't even been released yet.  Claims to be made from a 100% natural, edible and food active recipe.  I received Lemon and Mint.  I had a reaction to this product and warn those who do have food allergies to carefully check the list of ingredients before trying.  Unfortunately a list was not provided with my sample, just because its all natural does not mean its safe for everyone, especially those with food allergies.

Within 10 minutes my lips were burning and I couldn't wipe it off fast enough, 2 hours later my lips were still numb, swollen and red around the skin.  Lip Nourish, contains Sesame oil, which causes a very similiar reaction to NUT allergies and is in fact the fourth most common cause of allergies in Australian Children.  This is something you might want to be aware of if you or anyone you know has allergies before trying this product.  Sounds great all natural product BUT not if you have food allergies.  I do hope founder Cindy Lukan adds this as a warning on her labels.  Food allergies are a serious concern.

2.  LUSH RO'S ARGAN BODY CONDITIONER - 45g sample tin, RRP $29.95 225g.   Great fan of LUSH products and this is no exception.  I already have tried this product so wasn't super excited to see it again.  Unfortunately my sample was contaminated and smelt like stale beer, the tin was bashed about too, so I don't think it had an easy life making its way to me.  I noticed a lot of people complaining about the state of their tins, they have to realise presentation is a big part of selling a product.  More care please.

3.  AVEENO DAILY MOISTURISING LOTION - 29ml sample, RRP $12.99 354ml.  This product is made by Johnson and Johnson, hardly high end.  I wasn't impressed to receive this but have a grown son who suffers from Psoriasis so will pass it on to him.  Contains oatmeal to sooth the skin and no fragrance, such a small sample though will hardly be a true test to see if it works on dry damaged skin.

4.  EMERGINC SKINCARE -  2 x 3ml samples of cleanser and moisturiser.  RRP $44 for the Kombucha cleanser 120ml and $105 for the Phytocell moisturiser 50ml.  Very small samples which won't really give you a good idea how the product works.   I don't use cream cleansers and I have moisturiser coming out my ears.  Every month I get moisturisers, I am a mature woman not a dried up prune!

5.  AURORA SPA RITUALS ROSE OTTO & CLARIFYING SHAMPOO + BURDOCK & ROSE REVITALISING CONDITIONER - 50ml travel size samples.  RRP $40 each 500ml.  These samples actually smell divine, I don't know if they will be moisturising enough for my dry hair, I really do like the idea of using all natural products on my hair but again with waist length hair, these samples are not big enough for me to make an informed choice to purchase.  This is about the only products that have interested me this month.  I visited Aurora Spa Rituals website with a view to purchasing these products and they don't even have them in stock, what is the point of sending out samples?

6.  PHYTOCARE DAILY C - Vitamin C powder, 2 one dose sachets.  RRP $17.80 for 30 sachets.  Interesting choice to add to a beauty box but as beauty should be tackled from the inside as well and Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which is good for you skin, Why Not?

7.  BONUS PRODUCT - YOU, ME & EVERYBODY BODHI ME HANDWASH - RRP $5.99, 250ml.  If you purchase any products from the bellabox shop this month you get this product for free.

Have to say I was totally underwhelmed by this month's bellabox.  Again another month of moisturisers and hair products.

I was even more disappointed from the reply I received from bellabox themselves when I questioned why some members received a valuable eyeliner $30 while other members only received a shampoo and conditioner sample, AGAIN!

I was told by bellabox that their boxes are of equal value.  Two shampoo samples do NOT equal a $30 Eye of Horus eyeliner.  These boxes are NOT of equal value.

Companies have to learn if they are not perceived as providing value for money they won't be in business long, customers will walk.  These are FREE samples made available by the companies wanting you to purchase their products.

If you would like to try BB for yourself go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x