Monday 11 March 2013

Europe in a Box Review March

Autumn is knocking, the leaves are falling.  Grey clouds and crisp wind make us crave our favourite comfort foods.  As the evenings cool down, all we want is to cosy up with a book and a warm drink..........

Mmmmm sounds wonderful, I love the cooler weather and this was such a lovely way to describe Autumn.

I recently purchased a Europe in a Box for my husband to celebrate our Anniversary and luckily he was home today when it arrived.  He was very surprised to receive this box and absolutely delighted while he rifled through it, there were many oohs and aahs from us both.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

There is a card pictured below with information printed on the back describing the main spotlight items;

FRANCE ~ Le Cordon Bleu Galettes Caramel Beurre Sale ~ 100g ~ Brittany Shortbreads with chips of salted caramel.

SPAIN ~ Blanxart Drinking Chocolate - 200g - A rich satin chocolate drink awaits........

THE NETHERLANDS ~ Roka Gouda Cheese Bites ~ 75g ~ crispy puff pastry biscuits ~ pop in the oven for a few minutes and enjoy with a glass of our German Sparkling Wine.

GERMANY ~ Henkell Trocken Picolla ~ 200ml ~ dry full matured sparkling wine, the taste is fresh, tingling, with a lingering finish, while a subtle fragrance suggestive of tropical fruit and hints of ripe pear and green apple develop the bouquet.



Also included in the box were samples of;

Greek Ouzo Candy ~ one of my husband's favourite flavours!
Italian Strawberry Lolly
English Tea Shop Organic Earl Grey Tea ~ teabag
Eiffel Tower Key Ring


matillsythisnthat.blogspot.com.au


My husband was absolutely thrilled with his gift, we spent some lovely time together looking at all the wonderful goodies and reading all the interesting information about each product.  We taste tested the shortbread and the verdict is "YUMMO"..........

I thoroughly recommend Europe in a Box to anyone who wants a "something different" gift or just a special  "spoil me" present for yourself.

You can find Europe in a Box here subscriptions are one month, three months or 6 months.  Please use the special codes SPREADTHELOVE for $5 off a one month box or DISCOVER EUROPE for $10 off a three month subscription, codes are available until the 30th of March.

I certainly think this box makes a wonderful gift and I know my husband will enjoy all his special treats.  We are definitely looking forward to the weekend to enjoy a chilled glass of sparkling  wine with some warmed Gouda Cheese Bites!

What a great way to celebrate our Anniversary.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh the Europe-and-gourmet lover's treat! What a sight for the eyes! Have you tried the biscuits yet? Thanks so much for sharing xx
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biscuits are delicious, shortbread and salted caramel, very yum!!

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great selection. Its just gone spring in the uk and the temps are still -1 and more. We just got last of the winter weather snow. I can't help but wonder if we will have more heard it to many times. Earl grey very english i am a tetleys girl :)

    kate @ sparkle dust xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an English Girl and I can't stand tea, my husband is Aussie and he loves it!!

      We were very happy with the contents of the box, definitely enough for two :o)

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  3. The contents of the box looks really great! Such a lovely and unique way to celebrate an anniversary. I'm glad that you both enjoyed your little surprise!

    x Bridget

    bridgerydoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo there's actually a lot of goodies in the box! Also, congrats on your anniversary!

    I've tagged you in my latest blog post, feel free to do it as well if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, yes we were really happy with the contents.

      I will come have a look at your latest blog :o)

      I have an ear infection I think I might be out for a couple of days it hurts :o(

      Jac x0x

      Delete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x