Wednesday 19 June 2013

Violet Box June 2013

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


I have only just received my Violet Box today and there are no surprises in it because it is exactly the same as what everyone else received, days ago.  I am not inclined to review it because I am not impressed with Violet Box's first effort, there is nothing that jumped out at me and said YES I WANT TO RUSH OUT AND BUY THIS.

Violet Box claim to offer their customers "a surprise mix of beauty products of the latest and greatest beauty products on the market" all for $22.95 per month.  If this box appeals to you, you can find out more here.

3 full-sized products was great to see but I just wasn't impressed with the items, it's not a good box if the products aren't usable or interesting to the customer.

Any box with AVENE in it is one Avene product too much, can't stand the stuff.  Just a side note VB, if you ever get offered samples of dry shampoo to add to your box PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!  I already have a life time supply of dry shampoo and Avene!

I hate perfume samples in boxes they are just a cop out.   I have been sent the CK Sheer Beauty sample in another box and my opinion of it hasn't changed I don't like it, smells like aftershave.  In fact there were way too many Calvin Klein products (2) in this box for me, how about some other brands one of each will suffice?

What am I going to do with a CK Gloss Eyecolor gold glittery eye pencil that fades away to nothing?   It's that sheer, no colour pay off at all, just disco ball glitter.  

The Clear mascara, OK but nothing special, not something I would repurchase or probably purchase to begin with.  A coloured one would have been more useful. Supposedly you can use it to tame unruly eyebrows.  UPDATE, totally useless mascara, leaves white streaks on your eyebrows and flakes, left my eyelashes clumpy and wet looking.

Argan Oil just makes me go ARGHHHHHH!  Tired of the stuff.

John Plunkett is a chemist brand hardly a LUXE item and I thought Violet Box were going to up the ante in the beauty box business sigh......  It really is just more of the same as the other beauty boxes and VB are the most expensive to subscribe too!!

I will give them one more month and if July's box isn't better I will be un-subscribing.  For all VB's build up towards their launch this June, this box is boring and offers nothing new.

In my opinion the only beauty box worth subscribing too is BellaBox and they do it for $15 a month.




Please don't forget to enter my ICON India Hair Care Giveaway you could win a gorgeous hair care pack for yourself by simply following my blog and leaving a comment here.

Jac x0x

7 comments:

  1. THat's exactly what I thought after going through everyone's review on violet box the last few days. Nothing in the box was too exciting and I don't feel that I'm likely to subscribe, especially at $22. Although, I'm curious to see what they will do next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had high hopes for this beauty box and they enticed with pictures of high end brands, I will give them another month but I am sick of forking out good money for services that don't live up to expectation.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear - its not looking good is it. I'm so glad that I didn't subscribe. To be honest I actually started thinking they were a scam as it was late last year when they first started saying that their box was 'coming soon' and i signed up for their email newsletters. In the end i lost faith completely and unsubscribed from it all - and the proof is in the box, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Avene sample - seriously - no seriously!!
    I do hope they get better for your next box :)

    Kayte

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Kayte, I really am getting over these beauty boxes. They are ALL the same, rotate all the same products and they are just getting more and more expensive for less and less quality samples and some absolutely terrible service. I hate dealing with any of the support services. They all umm and ahh and say sorry in the right places, tell you they are taking it all on board and things will get bigger and better but in reality they don't!


    Violet Box have one more chance to offer up a better box or then I'm gone.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think LHi have well and truly ruined my excitement of sample boxes this month! Or perhaps its the bitches whinging about the bitches complaining about their 'crap' boxes {oh wait, I would be one of the 2nd said bitches}.. I so just left a bit of a rant on Made Up Maiden - to be fair, she started to rant first... isn't it nice when you actually get a box you like!! oh wait, when was that exactly???? lol
    Now that I got that off my chest... {thanks Jac} I'm glad I didn't sign up for VB, although I'd have liked to have a play with all the items {minus the Avenue}... I would have wanted the silver pencil though. At $22 they won't be getting my business anytime soon.
    Come on BB.. hurry up and arrive and turn my sample frown upside down :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get your BB soon, I think it will leave you smiling. I was so happy to receive mine today after two pretty lousy boxes this month from the competition. Left me feeling quite depressed. Can't wait to read your review on Bellabox.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I LOVE the John Plunketts Glyco Peel. It seriously is unreal. I use exxy brands and dont get the kind of glow i get with the Glyco Peel. I seriously urge you to give it a go: unreal!!


    Luc x
    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x