Friday 19 July 2013

Revlon Top Speed Celestial FX Nail Polish

Ok I caved........today while I was waiting for my son to finish his Piano lesson I quickly popped in to my local BigW and they had Celestial FX sitting right there on the shelf calling for me.  Eek!!

Priceline have Celestial FX  and Heart of Gold FX on sale for $9 this week 18th July.





Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, I love this polish.

I am dying to try this on my nails but I am into the second week of my Revitanail Nail Strengthener course and I am abstaining from nail polish because you have to add a coat of Revitanail every day for 7 days, remove the lot, start again and repeat for 28 days.  I am already seeing fantastic results but that's another review.

So......swatches it is!

The first swatch is just on it's own.  Celestial FX is a mix of holographic & silver Stars, Moons and Diamonds in a micro holo glitter gel base.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


I find it's best to start off with a coat of the micro glitter base, once that gets tacky, fish and dab on extra stars, moons and diamonds where you want them.  This also helps stop the larger glitter pieces from curling and helps glue them down.   Once you are happy with placement go over with another coat to seal it all.

I didn't find it too hard to fish out the larger glitter there is a lot in there, what frustrated me was when I wanted stars I got moons and vice versa, there are lots of diamonds, no worries fishing them out.

My favourite base was MODE High Fashion, a very dark blue which I think shows off Celestial to best effect.  I have tried to capture the swatches with different light effects, these were all taken at night under a day lamp.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

I love anything pink so could not swatch without a pink one!  This is essence ~ free hugs, the shade did something strange to the micro glitter but I still like it.


www.matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


This last swatch is Sally Hansen Lustre Shine ~  Azure.



www.matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


I hope you like my swatches, please let me know what you think of this polish in the comments below, I love to hear from you.

Jac x0x



2 comments:

  1. MyBeautyJunction19 July 2013 at 21:02

    What a stunner! I love how beauty brands are copying indie polish makers with all the big glitter. Can't wait for it to launch here - or maybe it has! I need to get to the Revlon counter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you should go check it out if we have it now surely you must too!


    It's a great polish.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x